This Chicken Schnitzel is so delicious, and there is no need to use flour or breadcrumbs.
You will need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- Handful of parsley
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried tuscan seasoning (or herbs of your choice)
- 3 cloves garlic cut into chunks
- Olive oil to shallow fry
What to do:
- Cut each breast carefully into thin slices (you should get about 4 from each breast) and beat with a meat tenderiser on both sides.
- Whisk the eggs and parsley in a bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Put the almond meal, coconut, sesame and poppy seeds, spices and herbs on a plate and mix with your hands.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then allow any excess to drip off. Place onto the crumb mixture and allow to coat both sides.
- In a large frypan on high heat, add olive oil and garlic chunks. Allow the garlic to cook for a few minutes before adding chicken.
- Cook the chicken on both sides until golden and crunchy. You will need to continue adding oil as you cook.
- Squeeze a lemon slice over the chicken and serve with a green salad. So easy! Yum!