All you’ll need is:
- 2 packets of haloumi, halved lengthways and cut into thick slices
- A dozen cherry tomatoes
- Handful of fresh basil, torn
- 1 tbsp capers
- Half a lemon
- Olive oil
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, fry cherry tomatoes in oil until slightly soft. Add torn basil leaves and capers and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a dollop of olive oil in a large frypan on high heat. Place the haloumi slices flat on the pan, ensuring they are not sitting on top of each other.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until golden underneath, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. You want it to be very hot and very quick. If you cook it too slowly it will become chewy.
- Arrange haloumi on a platter and top with tomato basil mixture. Squeeze lemon over the plate and grind some black pepper to serve.
- Give everyone a fork or toothpick and watch the food disappear in front of your eyes!